About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Maria Santana is a New York Correspondent for CNN en Español, a Turner Broadcasting Company. Before CNN en Español, Maria worked as the NY correspondent and Bureau Manager for SBS Broadcasting's Mega TV. She also worked as a producer and assignment editor for Telemundo WNJU in New York. Maria is a Graduate of Wesleyan University, and an Alumnus of the Connecticut School of Broadcasting program.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My own Mini-me!

In Febuary, I covered the 2009 American International Toy fair, where I saw some great toys being introduced to the public. Here's the piece I did for Mega News:



While covering the event, I met the guys from ModelWorks® , who were marketing their "Smash me Bernie" dolls as potential gift ideas for your favorite recessionista. We had a great conversation (I even made their website!), and they offered to make a My-Mini-Me® doll of...me! They took a picture, and just yesterday, I got the doll. Check this out!



Now, I did have mixed reactions to whether the doll is the best interpretation of me - kind of like when you get those cartoon drawings of yourself done in Times Square. But it is pretty cool. What do you think?

No comments: