About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Maria Santana is a New York Correspondent for CNN en Español, a Turner Broadcasting Company. Before CNN en Español, Maria worked as the NY correspondent and Bureau Manager for SBS Broadcasting's Mega TV. She also worked as a producer and assignment editor for Telemundo WNJU in New York. Maria is a Graduate of Wesleyan University, and an Alumnus of the Connecticut School of Broadcasting program.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Behind the scenes at the Polito Vega Concerts - What you didn't get to see on Stage!

Last week, I had the wondeful opportunity to work backstage during one of the biggest Latin music events in New York City history!

The concerts were to honor Polito Vega, a pioneer in Spanish radio. They spanned two days with the top names in Latin pop, rock, salsa, merengue and bachata performing for a sold out crowd.

I worked the green room those two nights, interviewing artists as they prepared for their sets, and getting them to do "saludos" for Polito and for Mega TV.

Some spectacular moments happened during those two nights which I'll dedtail in another entry, including a game-changing interview with JUANES! But for now, I wanted to share with you some of the clips from the evening, they were a lot of fun, and totally provided me with my fill of stars for a lifetime. These clips were on the lamusica.com website, but they "mysteriously" disappeared, hence why I need to post them here. This is a bit of skunkworks on the html stuff, so please bare with me. (Try to open the links in a new tab/browser or click the back button to get back here) Enjoy!


Intro - Maria Santana - Can you tell I'm just happy to be there?


Cynthia Hudson, Chief Creative Officer, Mega TV - My boss, who I got on video saying she approved of my work...raise, anyone?


David Bisbal - Dreamboat eh? And check out the kisses he plants on yours truly!


Flex - A really fun guy, and its always great to be serenaded.


Milly Quezada - I was totally honored to sit with a legend. AND she reveals some surprising stuff about the secret of her youthful look...


Christian Castro - We start out laughing because Christian had to be reminded why he was actually here...


Luis Fonsi - I've interviewed him a few times now, and this time things got a little tense...I asked about his wife and his manager cut the interview short...hmmm.


Enrique Iglesias - Yes, that is me begging for besitos. Wouldn't you?


Olga Tanon - I've got more on this interview for later, but I just love her look!


Alex Acha - He had to give me a tutorial of who he was...I was embarrassed but then again - he's never performed in New York!


DJ Reyis - My Friend and DJ at 93.1 Amor FM. I guest co-host a segment with him a few times a week. Check out what he reveals about the man of honor - Polito Vega!

No comments: